Friday, October 02, 2009

Banned Book Week

I just learned that this is (per the American Library Association) Banned Book Week - 2009. Had I known that a bit earlier I would have made a different choice for my next read...something a bit more "dangerous". As it is I had to content myself with perusing the list of 100 banned or challenged classics to check up on my level of perversity...or how far I might be descending into hell.

Twenty five.

The list is pretty surprising. Certainly there are a few authors who were obviously channeling the devil... J.D. Salinger, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Willa Cather... And, I'm thinking that Beelzebub has a hotline to the United States: American authors - definitely over-represented.

Test yourself. Click here to see the list.

2 comments:

Friendless said...

Nineteen. And Americans wonder why the rest of the world gives them so much grief.

NNV said...

What is the expression...the new Satan?