Friday, June 04, 2010

This week....

This week I've been off a lot. In part because this is my "light" week but with an additional day off for "good behavior" (working 6 day weeks while the boss was away). I've spent my time either sitting in the dark or working at home.

From Singles 2010
This is the last week for the Regent Cinema in downtown Brisbane (Queen Street Mall). The theatre opened in 1929 and despite the vintage 70's outside facade, the inside still sports very odd medieval murals, chandeliers, and lots of red cushy velvet and gold trim. In honor of their closing they poled patrons to select a film from each decade they've been in business. Kevin and I did pretty well supporting them in their final run - even buying tickets though this seemed on certain days to be unnecessary. We saw "A Night at the Opera" (1935), "Casablanca" (1942), "African Queen" (1951), and "West Side Story" (1961). Then, game playing and going to work intruded so we missed the final films: "Manhattan", "E.T.", and "The Titanic".

From Singles 2010
At home the laundry is done, the floors are clean, the dog is washed and the garden beds are tidy. I had help on with the last task from a pair of butcher birds who sat in the tree/bush beside me and waited for me to unearth the edibles. Now, it is time to sit back, read my book, write a couple letters, and cuddle with Zelda!

No comments: