Tuesday, December 08, 2009

GOMA - APT 6

From APT 6 Goma
That would be the Asian Pacific Triennial #6 and we were very impressed. We went early so we could see the Premier of Queensland, Anna Bligh, just to say we had. It was the opening of the exhibition and you wouldn't have thought it would take much thought to figure out that it was going to be a "big deal" to a large number of people. We expected a crowd. We just (or I just) didn't think they'd be all dressed up! I did wear my new shorts and socks - but I must say I was far from cool. In fact, if there was a coolness continuum, Kevin and I were resting comfortably on the left end.
From APT 6 Goma


The other principle reason we chose to attend the opening was that there were to be two outdoor exhibitions - a "fruit market" of paper fruit. (You could by the printed paper sheets and cut out/fold/make your own. A banana for 80c! Cheaper than what I pay for bananas in the flesh!)
From APT 6 Goma


The second, awe inspiring, not to be missed exhibit were the bubble machines! I could not stop smiling.

A quick slideshow of art from the exhibition. We recommend it to everyone!

No comments: