Saturday, July 09, 2011

Happy Mary Poppins Week



Yes, you're right - I'm late by a week. Still, it needed to be recognized.

We discussed making the trek up to Maryborough for the festivities. (Maryborough Qld is the home of the author of the Mary Poppins books. They have a festival each year to honor her.) But, a 2.5 hour drive with an infant (on oxygen) didn't sound like it would be quite the fun time we were looking for. Maybe next year. Or, the next. Sometime, however. It is on my "list"!

For those of you who are intrigued and are wondering "Maybe I need to put this on my list of things to do before I.... move from Queensland" click here for the website. click here for the website

3 comments:

Scrapperdee said...

OMG - I would LOVE to go to that festival. Sing-a-long to the movie...what a hoot that would be...I sing along with it all the time!

Scrapperdee said...

OH...and that clip is one of my favorite songs! I sang "feed the birds" and "stay awake" daily when I was pregnant and a few hours after Patrick was born, I started humming them and he turned and looked at me. I continued to sing them to him when he needed soothing...he's only stopped needing me to sing them when he's hurt himself in the last couple of years.

NNV said...

That's so neat! Maybe some year we'll go together!