Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ships Ahoy!! Fabulous Birthday Gift from Christine!!

From Singles 2011


My friend Christine sent me a fabulous new wind chime for my birthday. (It was on time, unlike this post which is woefully late.) Rather than tell you the story of the chimes, I thought I'd just post the email conversation about it.

Christine: Oh, and the chimes. I got the little ship from World Market (I think). I got it a while ago and always meant to send it to you with a pirate on it but never got around to making it. And when you had Zup I figured "Hey! Why not a family of pirates?" So that's how that came to be. I hope it made it around the world ok. I was worried, it would get broken. Did you see Zelda? I thought she definitely had to go on board with you - since she is so good with the baby. What a trooper - and that at her age!

From Singles 2011

Ann: Oh, I am laughing!!!!!

When I opened the package there was a pirate caught in the chimes line and I THOUGHT it was supposed to be that way - that he had been made to walk the plank! Then, I found a second pirate loose in the peanuts ...and last night when I was showing Kevin I saw that the first pirate was only tangled and there was glue for BOTH their feet in the boat.

From Singles 2011

Now, I get your message and I know to look for more pirates. I love the baby! He looks a bit like a pulled canine tooth!! but, I spilled out all the peanuts - found a third pirate - but no Zelda.

I went through it all very carefully... no. THEN, I looked over at the boat - she was the only one who stayed on board. I guess she made them ALL walk the plank! I'll pull out my glue and reinstate order on board later. I really love it. It is especially cool since you pirated it up for us!
From Singles 2011



Christine: O boy. So that means that they didn't make it, did they? I am just glad that you are a doctor and can help them. Poor guys. Zup should be almost as big as you are but he doesn't have a head covering. (I was looking into the future.) You should have a big pirate with hat, a somewhat shorter pirate with a red bandanna and a little blond guy. And Zelda of course. O there should also be a flag on the uppermost sail.
From Singles 2011


Ann: That isn't a baby. It is an ARM that came off Kevin!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From Singles 2011

No comments: