Saturday, February 08, 2014

I think I needed to pull up the blanket…

From January 1, 2014


Last night I had another of my taking a long trip through Ohio dreams. Well, at least that was part of it and by long trip, I don't really mean great distances by car - but usually I"m on foot and I've found a new way to run and I think, "Why don't I do this when I am awake?! It is so easy!" This time I had a silver tricycle - a little silver tricycle and I was traveling between Columbus and Piqua (on small back roads as you would with a little silver tricycle - or when you are practicing your special new running style) through the dark and through the ice and snow. I had an appointment in Piqua. I had to be there early. By 6 AM. Oh, and Zelda was running along with me.

So, I go to this appointment. I was on time but I was not expected. I had failed to call ahead - alerting the medical team with my special toothbrush. And, I had a dog. What was I going to do with Zelda during this appointment. Then, again, I needed to get home and I was not going to be able to travel back on my tricycle.

I was feeling like it was a good thing that this needed to be postponed since I was obviously NOT READY when a nurse or doctor or technician came out carrying a tray on which sat three Easter eggs and three frozen embryos and I had to either make it work or walk away.

Zelda, meanwhile, was donning a white coat. She was fitting right in.

No comments: