Friday, August 21, 2009

Salute to the Great Darke County Fair!



I'm missing The Greatest County Fair on EARTH! Gee, I hate that.

I always go with my mother. And, on a good year, I go more than once. I don't have many photos worth looking at from the fair and even fewer have I scanned and brought with me. But these three will give you an idea on why I love the fair.

#1. Animals and art. Sometimes, they are the same. And, the best is the kids' art.

#2. Our favorite area is under the coliseum where they exhibit the flower arrangements, fresh produce, baked goods. (Though by the end of the week the baked goods are a bit scary.) I salute the creativity that Darke County folks put into things like displaying canned pickles.

#3. I share this with my mother. She buys my ticket and I buy her pie. Tradition. It's a terrible thing to waste.

#4. GIANT SQUASH and TALL SUNFLOWERS.)

I'm missing The Greatest County Fair on EARTH! Gee, I hate that.

No comments: