Friday, December 09, 2011

Ear wax and other embarrassments

From Zuperfliegen

Someday, maybe soon, I'll process Kevin's story and write it. In the meantime, I thought I'd share with my revelation that embarrassing moments do not end at 50.

Last weekend Kevin and I embarked on a major photographic project. This resulted in Zupe sitting in his "Baa, Baa, Twinkle, EFG" Chair outside while we toiled. At one point Zupe had had enough and Kevin rescued him from his lateral head toss. Kevin picked him up and said to me...

"What's this behind his ear?"

"What's what?"

"It's yellow. It's a huge glob of ear wax!"

"Really? Kevin?"

I DO WASH HIM BEHIND HIS EARS. I DO.

Sure enough. A glob of yellow, waxy material almost as wide across as my little finger.

I looked at it again.

"Apple."


Story two.

This morning Zupe and I visited Kevin in the hospital. (That's the story you don't know - unless you are referred here by Kevin's blog - in which case you are most likely wondering why you know something I don't seem to know.) Zupe and I were leaving as the physiotherapist came in to get the Mack Daddy up.

"Is that your daughter?"

"Oh, she'll love that! No. That's my wife. She's OLDER than I am."

(Yep. I'm loving it!!!!)




"No. I meant the baby."

ARGHHHH! So much for the dalliance in pink today. It was just a bib - but the gender gods do not care for such trifling. They have beaten me down.

No comments: