Sunday, May 17, 2015

Ohio April 2015 - Post 1

&
From April 2015


There may not be a post 2, but you never know.

I am so thankful that I got to spend another spring in Ohio.  When we arrived, my mother's day lilies were only peaking out of the soil.  By the time we left, almost a month later, they stood at their full height (being only Stella del Oro) with a bud tightly wrapped and presented on a stalk.  Leaves unfurled.  Grass greened.  Daffodils bloomed.  And, trees bloomed.  (Not the crab apple - it took another week - nor the lilacs.)

Many evenings I would put Zupe to bed then jump in my mom's car and just cruise the local roadways.  My goal ostensibily was to photograph the field of daffodils that bloom on Versailles Southeastern Road at the corner of Kelch Road.  I should give up that idea.  It is not an easy task, especially when you are a bit shy and don't want people wondering what you are doing, let alone asking you to maybe not walk through their yard.  And, where to park?

What I discovered on my sojourns was how liberating it felt to be driving along open fields.  I spend way too much time in the city here... or at least the suburbs.  There are houses and trees and high grassy plants closing in on me everywhere.  The jungle is green AND concrete.  Ah, to catch one's breath on the open road!

Your mileage might vary.  Here are a few photos that I took celebrating space and light.



From April 2015


From April 2015

No comments: