Friday, September 07, 2007

This site is temporarily un-anned

If you had half the neurotic potential I have, you have been asking yourself "What have I done? What have I said?" thinking I was purposefully avoiding you... The fact that you've stumbled onto this blog accidentally by pushing the next blog button probably - in all truth - makes you much more neurotic than I am. And, as is usually the case in these situations, I will reply "It isn't you". I am without a connection to the internet- yesterday, today, tomorrow.... Someday, perhaps, my prince will come. But, first someone on our RIM must move or die.

So, these internet cafes are pretty odd places. I ducked up the stairs into an dim hallway following a young Asian man with a brief case. I wasn't fully convinced I wasn't going to end up in a peep show. Once inside I get handed a slip of paper with the number 33 on it. And, now I sit while around me people surf and chat and TALK OUT LOUD on their phones.

I'll never get caught up with my email again. Or, my on line friends. Or, this blog. The short account for the time being- since I want to leave by 6 pm-
1. We moved. I love the new house.
2. We have no internet.
3. Last weekend we enjoyed a total Bourne immersion. I loved the new film.
4. We have no internet.
5. I'm working full time now.
6. We have no internet.
7. My family is all back in the US and Halloween is coming. What do you think of dressing as a phillip screw? and a brad? You know, all in grey (with a spiral around one of us) and big round flat hats with name tags "Hi! My name is Phillip"
"Hi! My name is Brad"?? Kevin thinks Australia isn't ready for this.
8. We have no internet.

I have 177 email to go- and only 16 min. I better move along.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lovely to see you, Ann. Sorry about the no-Internet situation, how can this happen in the paradise that is Australia? What a drag for you.