Thursday, March 22, 2007

Updates


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Big changes are afoot.

To begin with- I think I've found a job. As with any new job, I'm a little trepidatious, but hopeful. I think I'm going to learn a lot and grow as a doctor. Eegads. Building character. Never without angst. Need to work out the details, but would be starting in April. We'll get to that soon enough.

Secondly, I passed my practical test from the radiation health safety people. Yay! I took a bang-up nice looking radiograph of a disembodied human hand. Let me know if you need one done for you.




After the exam I walked into the city to meet Kevin for lunch. As I suggested earlier, I wanted to check out what was new in my graffiti alley. On the way, however, I found a new one. This one is most likely tied to the gallery it is next to: e'merj. I'd seen their logo spray painted on buildings before but didn't know it meant something. Anyway, this alley is COVERED. Not really sure that it is appropriate to call it graffiti- more like murals gone wild.

On the other hand, most of the images I posted from "my" alley are gone. They've gone through and over painted the walls with more red paint. I'm suspecting that art will crawl back into that space if we are very, very quiet. See, it is already creeping out the door...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Found a third spot near the Centrum Movie Theatre- but it was very busy with cars and people and I felt too self conscious to take photographs. I'll go back some weekend morning. Like a Sunday at 7 AM. I'll bet I have the place to myself.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Finally, Kevin and I are leaving on Saturday to spend a few weeks in the US. It will be a whirlwind tour encompassing Columbus (OH), Cleveland (OH), Rogersville (TN), Athens (GA), possibly Savannah (GA) and Charleston (SC), and finally Dallas, TX. Kevin is very excited to be going "home" to play games with our friends in Cleveland- and 10 days and nights! gaming in Columbus at the "Gathering of Friends". Meanwhile, I need to complete my continuing ed requirements- hence the trip to The University of Georgia. I imagine my chances of hanging with the B-52's is slim- not enough hair. Because my Internet contact will be limited to public libraries, I suspect that not much will be happening here. I'll still be thinking and writing stories in my head and taking lots of photos. You'll just have to tune in psychically for a while.

No comments: