Monday, March 19, 2007

We've got an edge


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Yep. with God. See, somehow we scored a whole class of first grade catechism to pray for us. This has resulted in 1 orange and black rosary (the colors of the Versailles tigers) and a blessed cross medallion. Not to mention the boatload of halo points we must have.

My dear childhood neighbor and friend, Dixie, decided that we would be the family that her Monday class would pray for. All year. Each week. Our Father. Hail Mary. Glory Be. (I know because I went to class in December.) Not just Kevin and I. No. It is important to note that Zelda gets included in every offering.

I was touched. I was also amused. They send letters and ask questions about life in Australia. "How big are the snakes?" "Are koalas mean?" "What time do you eat dinner?" There is an obvious emphasis on spiders and snakes. I'm not sure if that reflects Dixie's worries, my anxieties, or just the kids liking creepy crawlers. I try to write regularly and send them pictures. I wonder what their parents think?

There's only one way to end this;

Amen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! Always good to have someone praying for you - even for the dog! My pastor wrote a book which I did the layout & design (nice project). There was a chapter called "Do Dogs Really Go to Heaven?" - and the answer is YES!

NNV said...

I'm glad to hear there will be dogs in heaven. I hope mine get along better there with other dogs than they have here. Sigh. Have you read "The Rainbow Bridge"? We used to send it out with all our sympathy cards. I'm sure if you google it, you'll find it.

Ann

NNV said...

I'm glad to hear there will be dogs in heaven. I hope mine get along better there with other dogs than they have here. Sigh. Have you read "The Rainbow Bridge"? We used to send it out with all our sympathy cards. I'm sure if you google it, you'll find it.

Ann