Saturday, April 28, 2007

Playing with photoshop



This afternoon (or in Australian, This arvo) Kevin and 3 friends are playing Roads and Boats. I was supposed to be #4- build my own goose empire! but someone needed to step down and I volunteered. Its a gloomy day and so I've entertained myself with trying to make an image to capture our game group. Initially I wanted to create an image we could put on a t-shirt. I think these are too busy. Undoubtedly, I'll be embarrassed by them in the near future. Now, I'm stiff from sitting at an ergonomically improper chair/desk combination. Time to quit and think of supper!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting - are those nuclear bomb mushroom clouds in the background - oddly enough since you are in Australia, it reminds me of MAD MAX!

NNV said...

Yes! "On the Beach" is the name of a book (and 2 movies) about the last survivors of a nuclear war waiting in Australia for the cloud of radiation to move South and kill them all. I read it in junior high. Scary book! Now, I see my meeples need reflections on the wet sand. Maybe later.

Anonymous said...

What's Roads and Boats?

I've read On the Beach too. I have only seen the first film with Gregory Peck - Nevil Shute (author) didn't like the way they changed the ending but I thought it got the atmosphere pretty well. I wasn't aware of a second film.

NNV said...

Roads and Boats is a game in which you start out with a donkey and 3 geese and try to build an empire. It can be played with 1 to 4 players and the play time (per box) is 4 hours BUT per watching it happen is SIX hours! I don't know anything about the remake of On the Beach- just one of the guys playing on Sat said he's seen it... and I took his word for it! Yikes!!