Monday, April 23, 2007

Visitors!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am so excited! I just got off the phone with my cousin, Elaine. She, my auntie, and my mother are coming to visit in August. This August. Just the other side of winter, August! I've known they were coming for months and even knew the month, but now they are telling me about the things they want to do while they are here. Whale watching. Holding koalas. Sitting on the couch with Zelda. (That's Marianna's and, no doubt, Zelda's, idea of a good trip to Australia.)

Elaine is in charge of being excited and identifying things to see and do. She tried to involve my mom and Marianna today in the planning, but they were content to do what she wants. So far her idea (after Brisbane) is to see Alice Springs, Uluru, Melbourne, and Phillip Island. The only thing they're interested in in Sydney is the Opera House. Perhaps I could talk Elaine into climbing the Sydney Harbor Bridge (that was fun!), but the septagenerians would not be interested. I'm sure she'll try to climb Uluru if Kevin is there to egg her on. I'm not sure what she/they want from Melbourne. I'm not as familiar with it- though, obviously, I was there most recently. All these places take a good amount of walking. I hope Kevin and I can get free to go along so that Elaine can do the walking stuff without relying on her aunties stamina.

Oh. Oh. Oh. I am excited. I wonder if I can rent a bed. I could put it in the living room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool pic - great to have family visits when you are so far away - I am sure you and Kevin will show them all the beautiful and unusual sights in Australia. The geckos and spiders alone are entertainment!

NNV said...

Thanks. They Syndey Opera House is infinitely photogenic.