Sunday, June 03, 2007

Catching up- Working weeks 4 and 5

Work has been just so...hmmm...every day. No room to reflect, let alone write. Last week I had off Tuesday; this week, Friday. And, in Bald Hills, at least, we've been very busy. Thursday's half day ended with me getting home at 6:30 pm. I also learned that tea tree oil (as an essential oil) is a neurotoxin and will result in weakness and ataxia when applied to one's shih tzu. Friday's day of stress was peppered with surgical mayhem and awkward moments in two afternoon exams where I had to quickly excuse myself so that I might not vomit on the scheduled pet. Saturday was like a breath of fresh air. The surgical dogs were both alive and with their guts neatly tucked away inside their respected abdomens, Why I was worried about that for the dog with knee surgery is a mystery even to me. In addition, despite being double booked at least twice, we managed to get out almost on time!

Saturday evening we used 2 of our prepaid movie passes to see "My Best Friend". I thought it was warm and charming. Kevin thought is was predictable and without the humor he was expecting. He is a hard man on comedy. Anyway, I really enjoyed the film- I am a bit of a sucker for love stories about friends. Not "love stories about friends" ala "When Harry Met Sally"- though I quite like that film. I mean, stories about the love that friends have for each other- ala "Il Postino"... which I probably like more than "WHMS". (I just looked up both these films on IMDB. Both receive 7.6/10 ratings! And, I am reminded that there is a romantic love story in Il Postino....but that isn't the story that makes me cry.)

No comments: