Saturday, June 23, 2007

Quick updates

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The dead possum is STILL hanging on the light wire down by the park. Interesting. The mechanism for tail grasping must be independent of muscle activity - for SURELY the rigidity of rigor has long since passed. Or, maybe he is fused there thanks to a, um, large voltage surge...

The car. The car. Once more my primary concern is what tune to sing while driving alone.

A full week of work this week and next - then the onslaught from Ohio arrives. July 5th. Plans are being made. Money is being spent.

Celebrated picking up 4 weeks of pay! (I finally learned where the envelopes are kept.) And, since it was all in cash, of course, I thought I'd treat myself to someone cooking for me. Especially good on a Sat because there is really no lunch on Saturdays. My first choice, the Tai restaurant on Gimpie, didn't open until 5:30 and it was 5:00 and too cool to just stand around. So, I went to Montezuma's for a change of pace. Oh my. I must stop trying to get Mexican food in Australia. I ordered a seafood enchilada and while it took about 1/2 of the enchilada to dissect out the flavor, I must say "fishstick with ketchup AND tarter sauce". Yuck. Never again! I can wait til I get home. There will be chips and salsa there, as well.

Totally beat this evening. Kevin is gone and Zelda and I are about to veg out with a movie. Tonight I think it will be "Half Nelson". Good reviews and less than 2 hours long.

We caught the new HBO comedy "Flight of the Conchords"...and look forward to a regular relationship with the band. Check it out if you get the chance. What lyricists! Way, way, way better than "John from Cincinnati". While we usually give a show about 3 episodes to entice us- we have made an exception here. I think this change comes from 2 sources. We felt burned by "Dirt" and we were never intrigued by "Deadwood". I like the title, though.

The first season of "Big Love" is starting in Australia. Pink signs on buses with a groom statue and 3 brides- like you'd see on a wedding cake. Maybe this was the ad in the US, too? Anyway, these are the chunkiest wedding cake brides I've seen! Odd.

And now to change into my jammies and start the sacrifice of the meager brain cells. Ah, the end of a busy week!

No comments: