Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Working- week 6 or so

I'm learning some new vocabulary- if not some new spellings.

My dog is "real crook". This isn't good. In fact, it is quite bad. Not bad as in felony vs. misdemeanor but bad as in "not long for this world", perhaps.

He's a "sook". She's been "sooky" lately. This isn't necessarily bad. It means primarily the dog has been underfoot and wanting attention. It might mean a bit of a "drama" about getting a shot. Oh wow. The internet provided the definition: person or animal who is soft, tame, inoffensive; Someone who complains a lot.

Does he look like he's a dier? (Just what it sounds like. So far, I've been wrong every time... which is good. They both recovered.)

He's here for his needle. Vaccine- or other injection.

She hasn't fitted since last December. I know it sounds potentially obscene- but no one is wearing their doberman. She just hasn't had a seizure in 6 months. That is good.

I think I may have covered this one before. The dog was "unwell". This CAN mean anything up to and including "knocking on death's door". Masters of understatement! Though to be fair the referral report DID say the dog was "very unwell".

No comments: