Sunday, February 03, 2008

Congratulations Steve and Tanya!



Somehow I thought that a four day weekend would either result in me having lots of great stories or feeling very rested. Neither is the case. Alas.

Thursday morning I caught the 8 AM train from Carseldine, connected at Eagle Junction, and "landed" at the domestic airport. I flew Virgin (no breakfast) to Sydney where Kevin picked me up on the curb (kerb) and hastened me away to Kurrajong Hills in the Blue Mountains. We arrived with an hour to spare. Just enough time to change, enjoy our afternoon tea, and hustle over to the wedding venue, Loxley on Bellbird Hill. Oh, and conveniently, that hour was just enough time for the rain to come and go. So, the beautiful outdoor wedding went on as planned- with a few puddles but plenty of late afternoon light.




Everybody looked great. I even managed to keep my dress on (the straps, I mean) thanks to the ribbon tied bow that was attached to my place card. Good food. Good music. Good time.

Kevin was tired and made the mistake of brushing his teeth before remembering that our fancy-schmancy bed and breakfast included port and chocolate in the evening. I, therefore, was the only one to sample said port. Half a taste- that was all I could handle. Not my cup of tea.

Breakfast was elaborate - four courses. Then, load up the car and head back home. It was overcast with an occasional shower. Trip highlights: The WORLD'S largest sundial (Singleton, NSW).




Check out the time (below).



In addition, I did get to see "The Big Golden Guitar" in Tamworth, the country music capital of Australia.



And, we succeeded in not hitting either of two kangaroos that were lounging in the center of the road just after dusk.

Since our arrival back home (about 11:30 PM), I've been trying to recover. I just couldn't sleep once I finally got home- maybe it was the green tea I had with supper. Maybe it was the 12 hours of high quality music I had brought along for the ride. Anyway, I ended up getting about 4 hours of sleep...and have been dragging around and catching the odd nap since.

Sigh.

No comments: