|From Singles 2009|
Kevin sent me a frightening piece of data revealing paid holiday time for various countries. Italy is high with 42. The UK and Canada (and I suspect Australia would fit in this range, though it is not reported) weighed in with 28, 26 respectively. The US... 13 days. The data is derived from the World Tourism Organization. I suppose a little further inquiry would reveal whether these paid holidays include paid public holidays...which I suspect it must. At the very least this would be: New Years Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving, and Christmas... though could also include MLK Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Easter Monday, Labor Day, Columbus Day...depending upon whether you are a bank or post office or veterinary clinic.
ANYWAY - I followed another link and found THIS list
America's Best Beaches, 2006
1. Fleming Beach Park Maui, Hawaii
2. Caladesi Island State Park Dunedin, Fla.
3. Ocracoke Island Outer Banks, N.C.
4. Coopers Beach Southampton, N.Y.
5. Hanalei Bay Kauai, Hawaii
6. Main Beach East Hampton, N.Y.
7. Coast Guard Beach Cape Cod, Mass.
8. Coronado Beach San Diego, Calif.
9. Hamoa Beach Maui, Hawaii
10. Barefoot Beach Park Bonita Springs, Fla.
If you discount Hawaii, which surely you must, I thought it would surprise people who don't actually live in the US and beach there that every other beach, save one, is on the East Coast.
Go Ocracoke! Atlantic all the way!