Sunday, November 18, 2007

It's a Beautiful World

My my my



The concert was great fun! The hall had no seats and while we were permitted to sit on the floor during the opening act- two bald guys from Caboolture, guitar/singer and harmonica, doing the blues... sort of- once Colin was imminent "everyone on his feet". We were in the 3rd row. Close enough to spit- if you were a spitter

"or a woman if you are one"

Colin opened with two acoustic numbers- "It's a Beautiful World" and "(I Just Don't Think I'll ever) Get Over You". Just Colin, his guitar, and that wonderful voice. Then, his band joined him. They played pieces from his new album and ALL the Men at Work tunes you'd want to hear!

"who can it be now?"

Wow. The audience- at least up front- was packed with very, very happy looking 40 and 50 year old people having a very, very, very good time. Sure, we might all have complained after that the sloping floor hurt our backs or that the volume was so high it distorted the music...but we were transported and free.

"ghosts appear and fade away"

I'm way overdue for that night of dancing. I'm ready.

No comments: