Wednesday, November 07, 2007

New Toy



Since the weather is turning (uncomfortably) warm (mostly humid), I've been craving gazpacho. Ideally, I'd be ordering it from the Stone Oven in Cleveland Heights- along with a salmon salad sandwich. Since I don't have time to arrange for pick-up- and they don't deliver- even IN Cleveland Heights, I had to make my own.

Fortunately, I had a recipe. Pretty easy recipe, at that. All it takes is about 4 ripe tomatoes, a cucumber, a red pepper, about 1/2 a red onion and 2 cups of tomato juice.

Oh, and a blender or food processor.

So, I spent $30 to make gazpacho.

It was worth it- if only for the opportunity to learn how to use an Australian food processor: The "You'll Love Coles Food Processor Model YLCFP". I was disappointed, however, with the following.

Do not operate this product in the presence of explosive and/or flammable fumes, or use it to mix flammable materials.

Damn. Guess I'll need a blender, still.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is an Australian food processor different? do tell

And as for mixing flammable materials, do they mean alcohol? or just gelignite?

My NZ-bought breadmaker had a paper note in the box saying something like "Because NZ does not have a reliable electricity supply, please see your dealer" Thanks buddy :)

NNV said...

Funny, Cathi. What does the dealer have to offer? Black market electricity?

And, what's up with the electicity supply in NZ, anyway? Do the hamsters tire easily?

As for an Australian food processor- the blades spin the other way. And the food (or the menu, as the directions read) tends to come out with extra vowels.

Ann