Thursday, November 08, 2007

Mt. Coot-tha



Sunday, after gaming, Kevin and I buzzed over to the other side of town so I could view the city from the Mt. Coot-tha look-out. (I've never heard anyone but Kevin SAY Coot-tha, so I'm not sure. It IS a bit funny looking. But, there's a lot of that. My favorite is "Toowong"- which I can't say or read or think about without "Fu Thanks for Everything" and images of Patrick Swayze (would that be Swayse in Australian? I think so) and Wesley Snipes in dresses. Priscilla is certainly "majestic" with its fluttering fabric trailing through the outback- but I probably enjoyed "To Wong" more. (I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who would say that.))

The asides have taken over.

Anyway, it was an overcast day. Still, we could see the CBD towering in the distance and the Brisbane River snaking through the hills.

It was a bit past 4:30 and Kevin had work to complete at the office- but we pulled over at the Botanic Gardens anyway. The guard sitting in his golf cart which was parked conspicuously in front of the mostly closed gates confirmed that the gardens closed at 5 PM. But, then went ahead to tell us how we could get out if we found ourselves on the wrong side of the locked gates in 20 minutes.

Thank you.

Really. It was a very nice garden.

And very, very, very full of lizards



I'm not sure what it is about these trees. They date back to the time of the dinosaurs. I think they must be dangerous. They are ALWAYS locked away. Spooky.

Anyway, we scurried past the pond. The bamboo. The cannas. We lingered a bit in the Japanese Garden. Then explored the one way mechanism on the exit gate.


We're pretty sure that as a team we could get in the out...but don't tell anyone.

No comments: