Tuesday, January 06, 2009

This one's for my Dad

From Singles 2009


Dad, I'm sorry you weren't able to make it down to visit us in Australia. I know you would have enjoyed the way the Aussies do golf down here. The black topped greens (greens???) out west. The flashing, honking, dancing girl target bus at our local driving range. And, I know you would have loved to meet Terry and talk with him about golfing - and golf with him. You would have enjoyed the fresh fish in Broome and the Opera House in Sydney. I can even see you climbing the Harbour Bridge. You would have gone whale watching with us, but mostly because you were a good sport. I'd have taken you to see "The Cricket" and some "Football". You'd have probably figured out all the differences in the various rugbies. We'd probably have had to work out TV reception for you here. I'd have done that for you. And, you'd love Tichu. I'd buy you your own deck and you could introduce it to all the guys at The Eagles. Undoubtedly, Versailles would soon be on the map of "Top Tichu" sites. Really, we've got a lot of good games. You'd be a fan of Mystery Rummy, too. And, Dominion. Maybe, Agricola. You left too soon.

Happy Birthday, Dad. I miss you.

No comments: