Wednesday, December 12, 2007

12/12/12/12/12/12/12



December 12. 12 December. It doesn't matter what country I'm in...12/12...I can't go wrong!

I don't really have a focus this evening. (If I did, my desk would be cleaned off and I'd have ordered those Christmas gifts that are on my to do list. Or, maybe, I would have finished reading the book I've borrowed from the library- and is due.) So, this is just a collection of random thoughts.




Having trouble sleeping through the night. I'm blaming this on the raucous partying of the flying foxes in our backyard. "I saw the way you looked at her" "You come over here and say that" "PARTYYYY" and all the while they are decimating our mango crop. At least, they're getting the blame. Could be something else. Like the outrageous number of SPIDERS in our yard. Maybe they have some sort of eight-legged, web-hopping bucket brigade going. They are getting pretty cheeky too. Stringing their damned webs across all points of egress AT FACE HEIGHT. Kevin's pointed out that they are pretty much encasing the perimeter with a web...like we are already caught and they're just waiting to suck out all our juicy bits.

Oh, and you missed the mouse. But, I didn't.

My petunias are dying. One by two. Today they are lush and blooming and tomorrow they are shriveling. I think something is chewing through their stems just at or below ground level. Or, they are getting stepped on and snapping or... I need to ask someone at a garden center. And, I need to make them little collars to protect them. Soon. Before there are none to protect.




Instead, today I bought more plants. I haven't told Kevin yet, wait, I think I'm doing it now... I haven't told Kevin that I bought more than I really have places to plant them. I could make a clean sweep of the petunias and stick in my new guys... but I think I'll try to save the petunias that are left. I know you're curious. I bought more zinnias because the two I had planted were doing so well. I bought more cosmos because the two I had planted were doing so poorly. And, I love cosmos- especially sensation- though I'd like to try sea shells, sometime. I bought more gazania in two different colour varieties because the ones I had were thriving. And, because I've never grown them but I think they are fun flowers- gerbera daisies. So, along with getting ready for Christmas, I need to either weed the bed beside the driveway more completely- or dig a new bed in the backyard. Hmmmmmm... Whatever I do, you can bet I'll be doing it about 6 AM when one can almost fool oneself into thinking it is "cool" outside.



Oh, and is it any wonder that I have trouble determining LEFT while driving?

No comments: