Thursday, December 20, 2007

On the eighth day of Christmas



This doesn't happen often- I'm writing my blog in somewhat the middle of the day. (Therefore, this entry is subject to later editing.) The big, big, big Christmas event has yet to happen- though we picked up the tickets. We board the bus at 6:45! Woo hoo!! I'm doubting I'll be able to take a photo worth looking at from the bus- but you don't need that. You have the house above! (Carol of the Bells is getting alot of play here. I like that carol- and, lets face it- I had to use this video.)

Otherwise, I DID start writing my Christmas card, sort of. I DID do some Christmas shopping and bought something for Kevin. Not the pretty green shirt, however. Nobody needs an $80 short sleeved oxford shirt- even if the color is very, very nice. I bought some decorations- but no lights. I was ASTOUNDED to find a box of 300 of the small lights (fairy lights they're called here) were priced at - are you sitting down? $79.00! Eegads! I also vacuumed the living room. That will be obvious to Kevin. The vacuum is still in the middle of the floor. (Ann's signature.)

In other news- crime wave hits Hibiscus Circuit. SOMEBODY pulled out two of my baby plants from the bed. I found a zinnia and one of my rudbeckia lying flat on top of the soil with their little root balls exposed. They were pretty withered. I put them in a cup of water before I left home this afternoon and the zinnia, at least, perked up. Who would do such a thing? Oh, the inhumanity!

I'm sure the lights will be fun- so I'll go ahead and say it now.

Oh, and Santa WAS still at Chermside. I guess his leaving was a threat to increase the tendency for nice versus naughty behavior.

And, one more thing. This is ALL NIGHT SHOPPING at Chermside. I'm going at 4 AM- just to say I did it.

Better wake up Kevin. We need to get the best seat on the bus!

No comments: