Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I had a client Monday




tell me that her daughter works in the customer service center at Chermside Mall. Over the weekend her daughter received a complaint from one of the mall customers that the holiday decorations were UNATTRACTIVE and she would not be shopping there in the future.

How could you not just laugh?

Speaking of laughing and Christmas and holiday shopping, everyone is invited to re-listen to one of the all-time-best Christmas stories ever: David Sedaris reading his "Santaland Diaries" on "This American Life" in 1996. You'll need to click on Full Episode- Then listen through or fast forward about 4 and 1/2 minutes to Act 2. (It IS edited, by the way - the uncut version is found in "Holidays on Ice". Pick it up. You need it.)



I must admit, however, that Chermside's Christmas is very space age. I think that is a robot angel parked by the three trees. I think these decorations could only be created by people who have only seen snow on TV.

2 comments:

C Maryon said...

What amazes me is how these Westfield Shoppingtowns all look the same.

That photo could have been taken in any of the malls around here

(apart from the conic trees and silver Mickey Mouse helmets)

NNV said...

Yes, I suspect your NZers have a better sense of snow!