Saturday, December 15, 2007

On the third day of Christmas



Big Christmas day.

First, I immersed myself in over-the-top Christmas mall shopping complete with circling the parking lot 3 times. I didn't do much shopping, actually. I bought a couple of small things. It was "enough" to be part of the throng- shoulder to shoulder shuffling through the retail Christmas wonderland. And, to eat sushi. Actually, even with the metal trees and robot angel, it doesn't feel like Christmas at Chermside. Maybe I'm missing the mental and physical on-again, off-again oppression of carrying/wearing a winter coat. Maybe I'm just a sucker for green trees and poinsettias. I think the old Salem Mall did Christmas best- with a towering tree made of red poinsettias.

Later, Kevin and I went to his office holiday party at the Albion Raceway. All you can eat buffet dinner and sulky races. We won BIG. Each employee received four race tickets, so we had an invested interest in four of the races. Two of our horses came in dead last! The third horse came in forth. And, our forth horse WON!! At the end of the night we turned in our ticket and pocketed $5.30! We are so ahead! Parking was only $4!!

Finally, on the way home we took a detour to check out the Christmas lights at Kevin's co-worker's Karen's home. (Wondering now what is the greatest number of words one can string together with possessive 's es.) Good job, Karen.



Oh, and I know this isn't a carol- but it is Michelle Shocked singing on Christmas Day.

No comments: