Sunday, December 16, 2007

On the fourth day of Christmas



Sunday. Like many Sundays, our first expedition was to Chermside to the grocery. Even though we arrived late (at 10 AM), Kevin was able to use his superpowers to find a parking spot in our "regular" lot. I convinced him he should see Santa before shopping. Good thing, too. Little did I know that Santa is shipping out tomorrow. Guess it is because we don't have TV that I didn't know that Santa was so behind this year in his toy making/gift wrapping. Maybe the elf union is actually a subgroup of the television writers? Anyway, Kevin was surprised by how space age Santa's castle was. I guess you can't capture the 21st century, global-warming-has-erased-all-concept-of-snow feel with a photograph.

Next- tree shopping. Here is the selection at Coles. A very bedraggled group.

We ended up getting a small live tree (Norfolk Pine) which Kevin says does NOT look like a Christmas tree- to which I reply- it is green. Now, if we only had decorations. Maybe I'll do that Thursday.

Important soccer game with Zelda in the back yard. I'm not sure what position she plays. Something like goalie- but with more running, chasing, and barking.

Finally- off to the GOMA. We went to watch a pair of Andy Warhol films. Fine napping. We dashed through the collection which STILL includes the infinity room- but didn't see the traveling Warhol exhibit. (It wouldn't be a complete entry without repeating what Kevin tells me EVERY TIME I mention seeing the Warhol exhibit. He's been to the Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh- multiple times.) Neither, did we crash the museum members' Christmas party.... We might have tried if we had just dressed a little better.

As any good night should, it ended with Arrested Development.

No comments: