Saturday, December 22, 2007

On the tenth day of Christmas



Today's music is setting the scene for the big 80's party at the Globe Theatre. The club (I guess that's what you'd call it) was PACKED with mostly 20 somethings and us. Packed and tiny. No real dance floor- how 80's is that?! The DJ, teetering on his platform shoes (wrong decade), was playing a lot of not-overly-danceable songs. Still, it was hot and fun. Eventually they opened up the "theater" and played music videos ("The Never Ending Story", "She Bop", "West End Girls"... most of which the DJ had JUST PLAYED- I think he got his playlist by looking at the video collection) while dancing occurred up near the stage. We did get the chance to dance to "Rock Lobster" not once, but twice....and "Whip it" (whip it good). The train ride home was blissfully quiet. I guess that is the advantage of leaving at 11:30 rather than later. Note- Kevin has pointed out that it sounds like I didn't have such a good time. Au contraire! I had a marvelous time. I got to DANCE.

Otherwise, the day was just one of those easy Saturdays with some exercise, some napping, and Kevin buying my Christmas present!

No comments: