Sunday, January 06, 2008

Crime hits Hibiscus Circuit!

Today I was leaving to go buy a new spark plug for the lawn mower (no- it still isn't working and the grass and weeds are approaching thigh high... at least for Zelda who uses the backyard a lot more often than we do!) when I discovered that the car WOULD NOT START.

I did what Kevin would do. I blamed myself. After all, I was the last person to drive the car yesterday afternoon. Yesterday, in the hot, sunny afternoon. I thought initially I had left the axillary power turned on- but Kevin's examination revealed that it was NOT POSSIBLE to leave the axillary power on. He also discovered that the lights were turned on.

I did not drive with the lights on. Remember. Sunny. Hot. Bright.

No lights.

We concluded that the children who on New Year's Day were ringing our doorbell and disappearing had moved on to more elaborate pranks. Curses! We were very fortunate that we have friends who are willing to help.

Thank God they didn't steal Zelda's bag of dog food or her NEW YELLOW BALL out of the back seat! I just can't believe they would feel comfortable messing around with a car that is divinely protected by Michael Jackson. Surely, their parents don't know.

Of course, it was still my fault. I didn't lock the car.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael obviously protected Zelda's ball

Go Michael!

NNV said...

It is good to have a King of Pop around.