Monday, January 14, 2008

The month is getting away from me

Here it is- the 14th already. We were slammed at work during the holiday season and the first week of January. Last week started feeling more like "normal"- though as always I had a reason to go in on Sunday. Somehow Rob seems to be able to dodge those bullets. I suspect if I lived on the other side of town I might be more creative at getting patients home, too. Anyway, I've been busy and tired. How dull.

Last week DID see our first ripe mango. I saw her reclining in the back yard and invited her to spend time inside with us. She was warm and sweet and soft...and that's not even talking about the worms I had to cut out. This worried Kevin. "What happens if we eat one?" "We'll get a little more protein in our diet." Still, who wants to eat a worm? Even a small one? I'm not sure where this mango was hanging on the tree. The one out front I've been studying is getting pinker- but it is still quite firm. Probably won't be ripe until Kevin leaves for NSW.

That's what is rising on the horizon. "On the Beach". "On the Beach" without Ann. I'm going to drive down with Kevin this weekend and play games for about 24 hours before flying home so I can go to work on Monday. Then, in two weeks I fly back down, attend a wedding in the Blue Mountains and drive back with Kevin. In between is the Australia Day weekend. So, more busy times but more fun.

And, for the record- it is looking like Jan 14 will be the day I post my Christmas cards! At least, most of them. Watch your mail boxes. They should reach the Northern Hemisphere before Easter. Maybe not before I get home in Februrary (mark you calendars- Feb 15- 25).

No comments: