Friday, March 07, 2008

Knowing you're in the right place



Sometimes things happen and you know you are in the place you are supposed to be. That's the way it was when Kevin and I got back together. We kept encountering messages from the universe affirming that we belonged together. Now. (Well, then.) The radio played songs of renewed love. The theater showed movies of time travel.

Today was similar...but a bit more subtle. Today as I drove from the city home I heard "Drop the Pilot". Never have I heard Joan Armatrading on the radio. Wow! And, then, while I was walking about Chermside shopping centre (and not doing half the things on my list because I had come only half prepared) I heard "Anchored Down in Anchorage". Ditto my previous comment for Michelle Shocked- but maybe times 10.

I can't figure out how anything I was doing was so special- but maybe it is like the Bradbury tale (Sound of Thunder) where the dinosaur hunting time traveler steps on a butterfly and changes "history"- (Hitler wins WWII.) Maybe I'll never know how what I was doing today was shaping my future...but it must surely have been monumental.

Whatever relationships you have attracted in your life at this moment are precisely the ones you need in your life at this moment. There is a hidden meaning behind all events, and this hidden meaning is serving your own evolution. - Deepak Chopra

No comments: