Tuesday, March 04, 2008

We've still got God's ear and his crayons




This photo dispays this year's catechism class. The one that is praying for Kevin and I and Zelda. They are very careful to never forget Zelda.

I got to visit them when I was home. That's why they're all waving small koalas and looking buzzed on Australian chocolates. It was a riot. First came the questions. They virtually all began "Have you ever treated a _____" and ended with me saying "No". No- not a tiger, not an alligator, not a koala, and only a cow when I was a student. They were MOST impressed to learn that we have a gecko that lives in our bedroom. We reviewed who the Queen was (Elizabeth- who's the queen of Australia and of England) and what color Zelda is (she's black). I had brought home a half dozen Australian candy bars and we sliced each into 8 pieces and had a taste test. It was pretty much unanimous- Boost is the favorite.

Today we recieved a package of letters from the kids and photos they'd drawn. Lots of koalas. Lots of Queen Elizabeth. Lots of Australian flags. And, lots of pictures of their personal houses.

No comments: