Thursday, March 20, 2008

Lost Friends- also Sex and Violence



Whatever relationships you have attracted in your life at this moment are precisely the ones you need in your life at this moment. There is a hidden meaning behind all events, and this hidden meaning is serving your own evolution. - Deepak Chopra

This morning I'm thinking of my friend Renee. (Not my sister Renee.) I haven't seen or heard from her for years - since she moved from Cleveland to retire in Florida. I've written a few times. She hasn't responded. On occasion I hear from her partner in a mass mailing saying they are doing "X".

This morning Renee is on my mind for two reasons. Last night I dreamed of her. I didn't actually get to talk with her. I spoke with Jeannie. She said that Renee hadn't been doing well. Today, I also received a silly photo of a Peep Peep-show. (Note, it would have been labeled "super cool" if I had been the one to make the photograph.) Renee is a big peep fan. She eats them. Weird.

Anyway, I'm hoping she is fine and happy and eating lots of peeps for Easter. I hope her black kitties and her dog Oreo are healthy and keeping well away from the gators. I know she has lots of new friends who will all love her. She won't be needing me- but I am and will be missing her.

PS. The best peep factoid I know (well have heard)- you can create peep sword fights (live action!) by sticking a toothpick (the epees!) into two peeps (I think stale ones work best) and then put them facing off together in the microwave. Add heat. We are a violent, weird people!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I detect a culture clash moment. What on earth are you talking about?

Could it be something called a peep which is nothing to do a private look at something?

Surreal.

NNV said...

I'm sorry, Cathi. A "peep" is a marshmellow?(maybe not- maybe more like very very stale cotton candy or fairy floss) sweet that is shaped like a chick or a rabbit (as in the photo) commonly sold at Easter (but on occasion I've found them for other holidays.) I think they are DREADFUL- but I'm not a big candy fan. Does that help? Maybe I'll send you some.... just keep in mind, I DO like you.

Ann

NNV said...

I talked with Kevin, who'll eat a peep, and he says they are more like a synthesis of marshmellow and fairy floss.

ooooooo

not my thing.

Ann