Wednesday, April 02, 2008

TV

Since Kevin has been gone, I've been watching TV. I kind of gave up on movies after my binge when I was sick. I was disheartened to find that I hadn't enjoyed any of those movies tremendously, and I attributed it in part to missing Kevin. (You know that, already.) So, TV.

Zelda insists on couch time. I only do it for the dog.

And, being the good partner that I am, I've tried to watch TV that Kevin wouldn't be too interested in. That's how I've watched all the new episodes of "Dirt". I can't believe I did that. It isn't any better this year. I'm also caught up with this season of "Scrubs". More forgettable TV. Then, silly me. I stumbled on "Oz".

I forgot that Kevin hadn't seen the first season (though he's watched some of the later seasons.) I think I should be forgiven. Plus, I was moved to watch it given my own experience behind bars. (I have the distinct pleasure of ALWAYS being able to say about any current job: "It beats prison".)

Not that I was a prisoner. Remember, I had to pull out moldy parking tickets to get enough deviant-cred to apply for permanent residency in Australia. I taught undergraduate psychology courses in both the Ohio Reformatory for Women and London (Ohio) Correctional Facility. Yes....including "Theories of Personal Development and Adult Growth". The men at London were particularly intrigued. That was back in my cow-t-shirt and black-mini-skirt-flat-top-hair day. They asked "Are all women like you now?".

Yes.

Anyway, watching "Oz" I've been considering what group I'd gravitate towards. Not the skinheads. Probably not the Italians. The Muslims? Don't think that would work. Being really crazy seems like an OK option- until - wait- I better not go on with that thought. I'd never feel good about a riot.

I'm thinking I'd better try to not become a resident.

No comments: