Saturday, June 21, 2008

Ann's Mini-vacation - Day 3 (Saturday)



Kevin and I were among the thirteen throng that were invited to gather in Indooroopilly for games, games, games and Indian food to celebrate John's 42nd birthday. Funny how a guy named Friendless could fill so many seats at a birthday party.

The food was great. The company was superb. Kevin and I had a run of unbelievable luck at Tichu (1045 to -45). The only negative was my usual camera woes. Now, you'll note the flash works. It just doesn't seem to have any sort of mechanism for recording an image from a relatively short distance in somewhat low light. The choices are either an image the camera is happy with but I am not:



or one that doesn't please either the camera or me. ("Hey, Bitch. The image is fuzzy. Haven't we talked about camera shake enough?")



Following the party I wanted to go to a celebration of the winter solstice in Windsor. A party that featured, I must add, traditional fire sculptures.

Wow! I've never seen a fire sculpture- let alone a traditional fire sculpture!

However, by the time we got home and took care of Zelda, a night on the couch with the men of Oz sounded just right. Alas. My pagan nature must be suppressed for another year.

No comments: