Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Wire



Have I mentioned we're watching "The Wire"? Wow. Amazing. Sometimes, I think I need a score card to keep up with all the characters. Particularly as seasons stretch into years.

We've just finished season 4- and started season 5. That means a boatload of new characters. Of course, in general, by the time a season ends it is a bit easier to keep track of people because they tend to kill a significant number of them.

Baltimore. It's a wicked city.

Although I'm looking forward to what season 5 has to tell me about the media (and crime and politics and...), I'm missing the rendition of the theme song from season 4. If you've never watched The Wire, or only watched a few episodes or only a single season, then you don't know that while the theme song stays the same, the singer changes. Season four - definitely my favorite. For you poor souls who aren't HBO junkies, I've included it up top.

No comments: