Thursday, June 05, 2008

Today's post



Post meaning mail.

Though, it is obviously a blog post for today, too. Hmmmmm.

To: Ann
From: Divisional Returning Officer of PETRIE
AEC
Australian Electoral Commission

Dear Resident (what happened to Ann?)

It's important that you are correctly enrolled to vote because otherwise you can't vote (really?) in federal, state/territory or local government elections. Our records show that you are not enrolled for your current residential address.


Then it tells me what to do.

I don't know, but I'm guessing- since Kevin didn't get a similar letter- that all you need in Australia to entitle you to vote is a registered dog.

What a country! Truly, their priorities are in the right place!

Meanwhile, I really need to get myself registered as an absentee voter in the US. I guess it is obvious why there is nearly 100% voter compliance in Australia and something much, much, much smaller in the US.

Oh, and my belated congratulations to Barak Obama.

No comments: