Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 11-Favorite TV shows

Kevin and I are pretty fond of TV - though we also think we are very particular about what we watch. This list is going to be largely current or recent programs with only a couple older programs.

"Star Trek." Now, this may not be most people's idea of great television and it is likely if I were to watch it now I'd find it most cheesy, but when I was a kid I LOVED "Star Trek". I not only watched every episode but I collected and read all the "books". For the record, I've never watched anything but the original series.

"SOAP". Re watched this series a year or two ago. Not as magical as my memory, but significant enough to make the list.

"The Bob Newhart Show". Kevin and I have watched a few episodes of both this and "The Mary Tyler Moore Show". In 2011, "Bob" wins hands down.

"Seinfeld" and Seinfeld on steroids, "Curb Your Enthusiasm". It's a tough road to walk making a show about unlikeable characters who are fun enough to be sort-of likable.

"Saturday Night Live" - the early, early, early years- Gilda Radner, Chevy Chase, Bill Murray, Eddie Murphy, Jane Curtin, Dan Aykroyd, John Belushi... After that, I got to be too old to stay up that late.

"The X Files". I love Fox and Scully - what great monsters!

"The Shield", "The Sopranos", and "Breaking Bad" - excellent on the edge of your seat stories featuring interesting leading men. Antiheroes all the way.

"Arrested Development" - most likely THE best comedy series ever created. We gained so much more appreciation for the show by watching it in its 3 season entirety two years ago.

"The Wire" - best drama - not a weak season.

"The Office" (excepting this last season), "Community", "Modern Family". We build our week around modern comedy.

Maybe, "Frisky Dingo". It was a lot of absurdist fun.

What have I forgotten?....

1 comment:

NNV said...

Apologies to Garrett Morris and Lorainne Newman - and anyone else who I've continued to forget. (Kevin keeps me honest.)