Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 18- Something you regret

From Singles 2011


–verb (used with object)
1. to feel sorrow or remorse for (an act, fault, disappointment, etc.): He no sooner spoke than he regretted it.
2. to think of with a sense of loss: to regret one's vanished youth.

Another topic that I got hung up on. I wrote a first draft outlining my regrets about relationships that should have ended much, much, much sooner and those that I should have stuck with, jobs I should have hung onto and jobs I should have quit before anyone got hurt, missing opportunities because I was too anxious about exposing myself or change. Add on to this, the regret that I've not come to terms with these regrets nor have I developed any greater capacity to ask for what I need. But, then, yesterday while I was doing my BIG SPRING CLEANING (despite it being the start of autumn here in the Southern Hemisphere), I realized the biggest regret I have. I regret that my father will never meet our son.

You can see in the photo above how enthralled and patient he was with little children. While everyone else (who've been cut out of the photo) is just standing about, he's bent over closely so he can see the miracle that little Martha has in her hands. He would have loved to have a little boy. They would have had such fun together. He could have taught Zupe so much - particularly, how to love a child.

No comments: